Two killed, three injured in group clash in UP
Lucknow: Two persons were beaten to death while three others injured on Tuesday when two groups clashed over a petty issue in Bankata area of Deoria district.
The tiff started after Deo Prasad Rai entered into an argument with Shrikant Rai over seat sharing in a vehicle in Jaitpura village yesterday, police said.
This morning, Dev Prasad, Rajan Rai, Pinku Rai, Ashok and Santosh were attacked allegedly by Shrikant and two others with sticks and rod.
While Dev Prasad and Rajan died on the spot, Pinku, Ashok and Santosh were injured and were admitted to a hospital, police said, adding that a case has been registered.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi