Two killed, three injured in group clash in UP
Lucknow: Two persons were beaten to death while three others injured on Tuesday when two groups clashed over a petty issue in Bankata area of Deoria district.
The tiff started after Deo Prasad Rai entered into an argument with Shrikant Rai over seat sharing in a vehicle in Jaitpura village yesterday, police said.
This morning, Dev Prasad, Rajan Rai, Pinku Rai, Ashok and Santosh were attacked allegedly by Shrikant and two others with sticks and rod.
While Dev Prasad and Rajan died on the spot, Pinku, Ashok and Santosh were injured and were admitted to a hospital, police said, adding that a case has been registered.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- DNA: Analyzing the role of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in Indian Independence
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore