Two killed, three injured in group clash in UP
Lucknow: Two persons were beaten to death while three others injured on Tuesday when two groups clashed over a petty issue in Bankata area of Deoria district.
The tiff started after Deo Prasad Rai entered into an argument with Shrikant Rai over seat sharing in a vehicle in Jaitpura village yesterday, police said.
This morning, Dev Prasad, Rajan Rai, Pinku Rai, Ashok and Santosh were attacked allegedly by Shrikant and two others with sticks and rod.
While Dev Prasad and Rajan died on the spot, Pinku, Ashok and Santosh were injured and were admitted to a hospital, police said, adding that a case has been registered.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown