Two killed, two injured in firing over land dispute
Mathura: Two farmers were killed while two
others were injured following an attack on them by some rivals
in Unachgaon village on Thursday, police said here.
Six persons indiscriminately opened fire where the
farmers, both brothers, were in the field. While two died on
the spot, two others including a woman were injured. They have
been taken to a hospital, SP City Ram Lal Verma said.
He said hunt for the culprits is on and security has been
tightened in the village as a precautionary measure.
Police said prima facie, the attack was the outcome of a
property dispute between both two groups. Court cases in
connection with the land dispute was also on.
An FIR naming six persons has been registered.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- DNA: Why depression cases are increasing rapidly in India?
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'