Two more bodies recovered from Ganga
Muzaffarnagar: Two more bodies swept away in the Uttarakhand flash floods have been recovered from the Ganga river in Nirgajni village here, a senior official said.
The bodies that were recovered yesterday have been sent for post mortem and their DNA samples have been preserved, Sub divisional Magistrate, Arvind Tripathi said.
Earlier this week, 16 more bodies were recovered from Ganga in UP from Muzaffarnagar, Bulandshahr and Bijnor districts.
Meanwhile, the family of a couple affected in the floods has announced cash reward of Rs 5 lakh for any information about rice trader Nand Kishore Goel (55) and his wife Vijaylaxmi (50).
Sanjay Goel, the son of the couple has set the Rs five lakh cash reward to be given to the person who provides any information about his parents, who had gone for pilgrimage to Kedarnath and but not returned since.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends