Two more bodies recovered from Ganga
Muzaffarnagar: Two more bodies swept away in the Uttarakhand flash floods have been recovered from the Ganga river in Nirgajni village here, a senior official said.
The bodies that were recovered yesterday have been sent for post mortem and their DNA samples have been preserved, Sub divisional Magistrate, Arvind Tripathi said.
Earlier this week, 16 more bodies were recovered from Ganga in UP from Muzaffarnagar, Bulandshahr and Bijnor districts.
Meanwhile, the family of a couple affected in the floods has announced cash reward of Rs 5 lakh for any information about rice trader Nand Kishore Goel (55) and his wife Vijaylaxmi (50).
Sanjay Goel, the son of the couple has set the Rs five lakh cash reward to be given to the person who provides any information about his parents, who had gone for pilgrimage to Kedarnath and but not returned since.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Dadri lynching: Rahul Gandhi reaches Dadri, meets victim Iqlakh's family
- Dadri lynching: Prime accused's father refutes allegations; says son is innocent
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Russia bombs ISIS headquarters in Syria, video goes viral on internet - Watch
- In Pics: Indian Super League 2015 opening ceremony!
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Read: What Salman Khan has to say about Akshay's 'Singh Is Bliing'