Two more bodies recovered from Ganga
Muzaffarnagar: Two more bodies swept away in the Uttarakhand flash floods have been recovered from the Ganga river in Nirgajni village here, a senior official said.
The bodies that were recovered yesterday have been sent for post mortem and their DNA samples have been preserved, Sub divisional Magistrate, Arvind Tripathi said.
Earlier this week, 16 more bodies were recovered from Ganga in UP from Muzaffarnagar, Bulandshahr and Bijnor districts.
Meanwhile, the family of a couple affected in the floods has announced cash reward of Rs 5 lakh for any information about rice trader Nand Kishore Goel (55) and his wife Vijaylaxmi (50).
Sanjay Goel, the son of the couple has set the Rs five lakh cash reward to be given to the person who provides any information about his parents, who had gone for pilgrimage to Kedarnath and but not returned since.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul to lead 'Mashal Juloos' in protest against power cuts, water crisis in Delhi
- CBSE Class Xth Results 2016 to be declared today at 2 pm; check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- WATCH: MIRACLE! This fielder did the unthinkable during GL vs SRH Qualifier 2
- Marcus Rashford nets place in record books as England beat Australia 2-1
- India's NSG membership is not about arms, US tells Pakistan