Two more bodies recovered from Ganga
Muzaffarnagar: Two more bodies swept away in the Uttarakhand flash floods have been recovered from the Ganga river in Nirgajni village here, a senior official said.
The bodies that were recovered yesterday have been sent for post mortem and their DNA samples have been preserved, Sub divisional Magistrate, Arvind Tripathi said.
Earlier this week, 16 more bodies were recovered from Ganga in UP from Muzaffarnagar, Bulandshahr and Bijnor districts.
Meanwhile, the family of a couple affected in the floods has announced cash reward of Rs 5 lakh for any information about rice trader Nand Kishore Goel (55) and his wife Vijaylaxmi (50).
Sanjay Goel, the son of the couple has set the Rs five lakh cash reward to be given to the person who provides any information about his parents, who had gone for pilgrimage to Kedarnath and but not returned since.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Suresh Raina denies Lalit Modi's match-fixing allegation, mulls legal action against former IPL boss