Two more children succumb to encephalitis
Gorakhpur (UP): Two more children succumbed to encephalitis at the BRD Medical College Hospital here taking the toll due to the disease in this district to 178 this season.
Diwakar Prasad, Additional Director, Health, Gorakhpur Division said the deceased belonged to Kushinagar and Siddharthnagar districts respectively.
A total of 958 Encephalitis patients had been admitted in different hospitals for treatment since January this year, out of which 178 had succumbed to the deadly disease.
He further added that 11 new patients had been admitted to the BRD Medical College Hospital in the past 24 hours.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah Part II
- Uttarakhand: MBBS students builds toilets in a village in Rishikesh
- Digital detox helps to get rid of smartphones addiction
- Watch: Syrian boys crying, hugging each other after their brother is killed in airstrike
- FIFA seeks ban for Qatar, Asian FC officials for refusing to cooperate with inquiry
- RBI wants to liberalise while strengthening bond markets: Raghuram Rajan
- After Rio Olympics failure, Tintu Luka's uncle blames coach PT Usha for below-par training
- Narsingh Yadav would have won the silver, claims WFI official
- PM Modi, Shah to address CMs of BJP-ruled states on Saturday