Two more children succumb to encephalitis
Gorakhpur (UP): Two more children succumbed to encephalitis at the BRD Medical College Hospital here taking the toll due to the disease in this district to 178 this season.
Diwakar Prasad, Additional Director, Health, Gorakhpur Division said the deceased belonged to Kushinagar and Siddharthnagar districts respectively.
A total of 958 Encephalitis patients had been admitted in different hospitals for treatment since January this year, out of which 178 had succumbed to the deadly disease.
He further added that 11 new patients had been admitted to the BRD Medical College Hospital in the past 24 hours.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: Why no action against supporters at JNU?
- Afzal Guru row: Why no action against supporters at JNU?- Part V
- DNA: Analysis on Ishrat Jahan encounter case
- DNA: After JNU, anti-India slogans at Delhi’s Press Club of India
- Headley's revelations: Will politicos who termed Ishrat Jahan 'beti' now apologise?- Part II
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!