Two more children succumb to encephalitis
Gorakhpur (UP): Two more children succumbed to encephalitis at the BRD Medical College Hospital here taking the toll due to the disease in this district to 178 this season.
Diwakar Prasad, Additional Director, Health, Gorakhpur Division said the deceased belonged to Kushinagar and Siddharthnagar districts respectively.
A total of 958 Encephalitis patients had been admitted in different hospitals for treatment since January this year, out of which 178 had succumbed to the deadly disease.
He further added that 11 new patients had been admitted to the BRD Medical College Hospital in the past 24 hours.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Jabalpur woman commits suicide over Aamir Khan's 'intolerance row'
- Panel discussion on Rajnath Singh's remarks on secularism in Parliament
- Minor girl allegedly gang-raped in Mumbai