Two more children succumb to encephalitis
Gorakhpur (UP): Two more children succumbed to encephalitis at the BRD Medical College Hospital here taking the toll due to the disease in this district to 178 this season.
Diwakar Prasad, Additional Director, Health, Gorakhpur Division said the deceased belonged to Kushinagar and Siddharthnagar districts respectively.
A total of 958 Encephalitis patients had been admitted in different hospitals for treatment since January this year, out of which 178 had succumbed to the deadly disease.
He further added that 11 new patients had been admitted to the BRD Medical College Hospital in the past 24 hours.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on the need of 'smart' politics in India
- Panel discussion on the need of 'smart' politics in India - Part II
- Panel discussion on the need of 'smart' politics in India - Part III
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How will business be conducted in the future?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How will business be conducted in the future? - Part II
- Euro 2016: Poland beat Switzerland in a nail-biting penalty shoot out
- Boxing as good as dead in India, rues Mary Kom
- David Cameron calls on LGBT community to live 'freely'
- Wimbledon: Andy Murray and admirer of `incredibly consistent` Novak Djokovic
- Defence Ministry nod to buy 145 ultra light howitzers from US