Two more die in Muzaffarnagar riot relief camp
Muzaffarnagar: A man and an infant, uprooted from their native places after last year`s riots, today died due to cold in Malakpur camp of Shamli district, where Rahul Gandhi had paid a visit, taking death toll in a week to four.
A woman gave birth to a stillborn child in the same camp allegedly due to absence of proper medical care today.
35-year-old Mohammed Umar and M Ali (15 days) died due to cold in the relief camp of Shamli district, the organiser of the camp, Aslam, said.
Due to unavailability of adequate medical facilities a woman, Shanno, gave birth to a stillborn child in the camp.
Last month Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi made an unannounced visit to the camp, which falls under Kairana area, and had slammed the Uttar Pradesh government for poor condition there.
Meanwhile, the Superintendent of Primary Health Centre Ramesh Chandra said that an inquiry has been ordered.
The camp organiser said that the victims belonged to Tikri Baghpat area of the district. On January 15, a 60-year-old woman who had fled her village after riots and later moved out of relief camp in Shahpur due to alleged government pressure, died due to cold near the camp.
Next day, one more riot-hit person had died due to the harsh weather in Shahpur camp of Shamli. At least 219 displaced families of worst riot-hit areas of Muzaffarnagar, which were "forced" to vacate relief camps, have appealed to the government to provide a temporary shelter to them to escape cold.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city