Two more rape cases reported in Uttar Pradesh
Lucknow: Incidents of sexual assault continue to haunt Uttar Pradesh, with two fresh cases of alleged rape reported on Saturday.
The first rape was reported from Faizabad district, while the other from Bahraich district. The victims in both the cases are teenagers.
In Faizabad`s Anjarauli village, a 16-year-old girl was on Wednesday abducted and allegedly raped by two men.
"The girl Friday lodged a police compliant following which we arrested the two men, who are in their mid 20s,`` police inspector Vidya Sagar told a news agency on Saturday.
"The girl has alleged she was threatened with dire consequences if she approached police. Further investigations are underway. The medical report of the girl is still awaited," he said.
In the second case, a 17-year-old girl was on Friday allegedly raped by an owner of a photo studio in Fakharpur town in Bahraich.
"The accused is still absconding. We have registered an FIR against him. The girl has been sent for medical tests. Their reports are awaited,`` police inspector Brijesh Kumar Yadav told the agency.
In the last fortnight, around a dozen cases of sexual assault and rape have been reported from various districts of Uttar Pradesh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai