Two new faces in Akhilesh Cabinet
Lucknow: The Uttar Pradesh ministry was on Thursday expanded with the induction of two new faces even as two ministers were elevated.
While Narad Rai and Kailash were sworn in as cabinet ministers at the Raj Bhawan, Ram Murti Verma, who was a minister of state, was given a Cabinet rank.
Similarly, backward leader Gayatri Prasad Prajapati, a minister of state, was made a minister with independent charge.
While Ram Murti Verma hails from Ambedkar Nagar and is a Kurmi leader of the Samajwadi party, Kailash is a legislator from Ghazipur and considered close to Mulayam Singh Yadav.
Cabinet minister Narad Rai--MLA from Ballia Sadar seat is Bhumihar--a caste dominant in eastern Uttar Pradesh and is senior party leader and was minister in previous SP government.
At present, there are 21 Cabinet ministers including CM, six state minister with independent charges and 31 state ministers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!