Two new faces in Akhilesh Cabinet
Lucknow: The Uttar Pradesh ministry was on Thursday expanded with the induction of two new faces even as two ministers were elevated.
While Narad Rai and Kailash were sworn in as cabinet ministers at the Raj Bhawan, Ram Murti Verma, who was a minister of state, was given a Cabinet rank.
Similarly, backward leader Gayatri Prasad Prajapati, a minister of state, was made a minister with independent charge.
While Ram Murti Verma hails from Ambedkar Nagar and is a Kurmi leader of the Samajwadi party, Kailash is a legislator from Ghazipur and considered close to Mulayam Singh Yadav.
Cabinet minister Narad Rai--MLA from Ballia Sadar seat is Bhumihar--a caste dominant in eastern Uttar Pradesh and is senior party leader and was minister in previous SP government.
At present, there are 21 Cabinet ministers including CM, six state minister with independent charges and 31 state ministers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- Hafiz Saeed teaching terrorism to children in Pakistan
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Five ways to get pregnant fast!
- After Azhar, Harbhajan Singh visits Navjot Singh Sidhu in hospital!