Two new faces in Akhilesh Cabinet
Lucknow: The Uttar Pradesh ministry was on Thursday expanded with the induction of two new faces even as two ministers were elevated.
While Narad Rai and Kailash were sworn in as cabinet ministers at the Raj Bhawan, Ram Murti Verma, who was a minister of state, was given a Cabinet rank.
Similarly, backward leader Gayatri Prasad Prajapati, a minister of state, was made a minister with independent charge.
While Ram Murti Verma hails from Ambedkar Nagar and is a Kurmi leader of the Samajwadi party, Kailash is a legislator from Ghazipur and considered close to Mulayam Singh Yadav.
Cabinet minister Narad Rai--MLA from Ballia Sadar seat is Bhumihar--a caste dominant in eastern Uttar Pradesh and is senior party leader and was minister in previous SP government.
At present, there are 21 Cabinet ministers including CM, six state minister with independent charges and 31 state ministers.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'