Two of family killed in mishap in Greater Noida
Greater Noida: Two members of a family were killed and as many injured when they met with a accident on Yamuna Expressway near Jewar toll plaza, police said on Friday.
The mishap took place last night when the car they were traveling in was hit by a truck. The four were rushed to Kailash hospital where two -- Prakash and Hari Pal -- were declared brought dead.
Two others -- Ravikant and Hari Shankar -- were undergoing treatment, police said.
Their relative Jog Pal, a heart patient had died yesterday in a hospital and they were taking back his body to their home in Pratap Garh when the calamity struck them,police said.
A man hunt has been launched to nab the truck driver, who managed to flee from the spot, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Watch: Tracing the journey of Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- I-T department rejects declaration of Rs 2,00,000 crore made under IDS by Mumbai family