Two persons killed in clash near Agra
Agra: Two persons were killed and about 20 injured after two groups indulged in brickbatting and firing against each other in Jatpura village, 35 km from here, police said on Friday.
Three persons have been arrested and case registered against five in connection with the incident on Wednesday after complaint was lodged by the son of one of the deceased, SSP Subhash Chandra Dubey said.
The clash occurred on Holi after Fauran Singh telephoned the wife of Nahar Singh, the SSP said.
Irate Nahar went to Fauran`s house, where a fight broke out between Nahar and Fauran`s brother Ramdas and his associate Yaduvendra. Nahar then went to complain about the incident to Yaduvendra`s father, Bhagwan Singh, but instead of helping, he also argued with Nahar, Dubey said.
During the quarrel, Nahar was shot dead by members of the opposite party, he said.
A man named Natthi, who tried to come to Nahar`s aid, was also shot at and succumbed on way to hospital, he said.
Hearing the shots, other villagers also jumped into the fray and indulged in brickbatting, injuring about 20 persons.
Police reached the scene and brought the situation under control, he said, adding, three persons were arrested on a complaint by Natthi`s son, Virendra Singh.
Police is camping in the village along with a contingent of the PAC to keep the situation under control and prevent further incidents, Dubey said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video