Two persons killed in clash over kidnapping case in Uttar Pradesh
Lucknow: Two persons were on Thursday killed during a clash between two groups over the kidnapping of a teenage girl in Saharanpur district, a senior police officer said.
An FIR had been registered at Mandi police station on May 6 regarding the kidnapping of the 17-year-old girl, IG (law and order) RK Vishwakarma told reporters here.
According to the IG, the clash started after members of the girl`s family allegedly indulged in vandalism and arson against a rival group accusing them of being involved in the kidnapping.
The victims, identified as Sumit and Sanju Jatav of the rival group, succumbed to bullet injuries.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert