Two policemen injured in encounter with robbers
Greater Noida: Two policemen were injured when motorcycle-borne robbers opened fire and pelted stones at them during a chase in Badalpur area here, police said on Sunday.
The incident happened late last night when two bike-borne youths were fleeing after robbing Rs 42,000 at gun point from a liquor shop in Sadopur area, they said.
A police team, which was tracking the robbers for a stolen motorcycle, reached the spot and chased them.
When the two sides came face-to-face, the miscreants opened fire and pelted stones at the police team in which two cops, Ranjit and Lakhanvir, were injured by stones, they said.
One of the miscreants was arrested while the other managed to escape, they said.
The bike, which was seized, was stolen from Knowledge Park area on Friday from one Dhruv whose mobile phone was also inside the motorcycle, they said.
The location of the mobile phone was traced in Sadopur area through electronic surveillance, after which a police team reached the spot.
The stolen amount of Rs 42,000 stolen from the liquor was also recovered, they added.
The arrested accused, identified as Rajiv,
was involved in more than 40 cases of robbery and theft in Noida and surrounding areas.
He is allegedly the right-hand man of Meerut gang leader Yogesh Bhadora, police said.
A manhunt has been launched to nab the other accused while interrogation of Rajiv is on, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre