Two policemen suspended for clash in Aligarh
Aligarh: Two policemen have been suspended in connection with a clash here in which three members of a family were killed, even as security was tightened in the area where the situation is said to be "under control".
The clash took place between a Dalit family and an upper caste family in Veerpur village of Lodha police station area here yesterday in which three members of the Dalit family were killed.
SSP Mohit Gupta said tension between members of the Dalit family and the upper caste family had been simmering since the past three weeks after the upper caste family filed an FIR over a land dispute on July 1.
Confirming the suspension, the SSP said two policemen, including a sub-inspector, who were handling the case have been "punished since they failed to take necessary steps to prevent yesterday`s violence."
The SSP said security has been tightened in the area as a precautionary measure and the situation was "well under control" today.
The victims of the clash were Babulal (55) Basanti Devi (60) and Kailash (30).
Meanwhile, District President of BSP Gajraj Vimal today alleged that the incident was a "fallout of the manipulation of the revenue records of the village by the revenue staff which resulted in the loss of three bigha land of the Dalit family."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Watch: Top 25 Headlines @ 12 pm
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- UPSC Results 2014: Meet top three toppers