Two school students drowned, three others saved
Kanpur: Two school students drowned, while three others were saved in the nick of time when a group of boys went to river Ganga to take a bath to beat the scorching heat, police said.
The incident occurred when Rashid (18), Faraz (17) and three other friends, all students of Class XI and XII, went to the river Ganga last evening near Chandan ghat.
Rashid and Faraz drowned while three other students were saved by locals, who jumped into the river after hearing their cries.
Bodies of Rashid and Faraz were later fished out.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened