Two school students drowned, three others saved
Kanpur: Two school students drowned, while three others were saved in the nick of time when a group of boys went to river Ganga to take a bath to beat the scorching heat, police said.
The incident occurred when Rashid (18), Faraz (17) and three other friends, all students of Class XI and XII, went to the river Ganga last evening near Chandan ghat.
Rashid and Faraz drowned while three other students were saved by locals, who jumped into the river after hearing their cries.
Bodies of Rashid and Faraz were later fished out.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- PM Modi breaks protocol to receive Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Al Nahyan
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row- Part II
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Digangana Suryavanshi chops off her mane on Salman Khan's advice—See pics!