Two school students drowned, three others saved
Kanpur: Two school students drowned, while three others were saved in the nick of time when a group of boys went to river Ganga to take a bath to beat the scorching heat, police said.
The incident occurred when Rashid (18), Faraz (17) and three other friends, all students of Class XI and XII, went to the river Ganga last evening near Chandan ghat.
Rashid and Faraz drowned while three other students were saved by locals, who jumped into the river after hearing their cries.
Bodies of Rashid and Faraz were later fished out.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister