Two school students drowned, three others saved
Kanpur: Two school students drowned, while three others were saved in the nick of time when a group of boys went to river Ganga to take a bath to beat the scorching heat, police said.
The incident occurred when Rashid (18), Faraz (17) and three other friends, all students of Class XI and XII, went to the river Ganga last evening near Chandan ghat.
Rashid and Faraz drowned while three other students were saved by locals, who jumped into the river after hearing their cries.
Bodies of Rashid and Faraz were later fished out.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Maggi samples found unsafe: Delhi government
- DNA: Analysis of Vijay Mallya's 'fund transfer formula'
- IMD forecasts 'deficient' Monsoon, drought-like conditions expected
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing