Two school students drowned, three others saved
Kanpur: Two school students drowned, while three others were saved in the nick of time when a group of boys went to river Ganga to take a bath to beat the scorching heat, police said.
The incident occurred when Rashid (18), Faraz (17) and three other friends, all students of Class XI and XII, went to the river Ganga last evening near Chandan ghat.
Rashid and Faraz drowned while three other students were saved by locals, who jumped into the river after hearing their cries.
Bodies of Rashid and Faraz were later fished out.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi pitches for 'Selfie with daughter' initiative
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Need another agricultural revolution: PM Modi
- Monsoon's after-effects troubling everyday lives in cities
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- MEA declines information on Lalit Modi's passport issue, draws flak
- Varun-Shraddha's `ABCD2` holds a firm grip at Box Office!
- School director beaten to death after two students found dead in Bihar