Two sent to jail for firing at police team
Meerut: The two persons arrested for firing at a police patrol team on the Meerut-Delhi National Highway were sent to 14 days of judicial custody today after hours of questioning, police said.
The incident took place on Tuesday when the police team patrolling the area was fired at from a car which they had asked to stop. Two accused were nabbed after a small chase whereas their accomplices, around three, managed to run away.
According to SP city, Om Prakash, the arrested, Arun and Ravi are real brothers and have various cases of theft and dacoity lodged against them in Meerut as well as in the neighbouring districts.
The accused were heading towards the Meerut-Delhi National highway in a stolen car.
The information about the other accused has been obtained and the search for their arrest is on, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- PM Modi condoles APJ Abdul Kalam's death
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- Cricket series can't happen along with terror attacks: Anurag Thakur warns PCB