Two sent to jail for firing at police team
Meerut: The two persons arrested for firing at a police patrol team on the Meerut-Delhi National Highway were sent to 14 days of judicial custody today after hours of questioning, police said.
The incident took place on Tuesday when the police team patrolling the area was fired at from a car which they had asked to stop. Two accused were nabbed after a small chase whereas their accomplices, around three, managed to run away.
According to SP city, Om Prakash, the arrested, Arun and Ravi are real brothers and have various cases of theft and dacoity lodged against them in Meerut as well as in the neighbouring districts.
The accused were heading towards the Meerut-Delhi National highway in a stolen car.
The information about the other accused has been obtained and the search for their arrest is on, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read