Two sent to jail for firing at police team
Meerut: The two persons arrested for firing at a police patrol team on the Meerut-Delhi National Highway were sent to 14 days of judicial custody today after hours of questioning, police said.
The incident took place on Tuesday when the police team patrolling the area was fired at from a car which they had asked to stop. Two accused were nabbed after a small chase whereas their accomplices, around three, managed to run away.
According to SP city, Om Prakash, the arrested, Arun and Ravi are real brothers and have various cases of theft and dacoity lodged against them in Meerut as well as in the neighbouring districts.
The accused were heading towards the Meerut-Delhi National highway in a stolen car.
The information about the other accused has been obtained and the search for their arrest is on, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena