Two sentenced to life for supplying fake currency
Muzaffarnagar: A local court has sentenced
two persons to life imprisonment for supplying fake currency in the district.
Additional District and Sessions Judge Ramesh Chand Diwaker yesterday held Imran and Wajid guilty in the case.
Imran and Wajid along with another accused Nasimuddin
were arrested by police from Shamli town in the district on
April 13 last year and fake currency with a face value of Rs
10,000 was recovered from their possession.
During pendency of the case, Nasimuddin died.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Will India's SAARC summit boycott change Pak's attitude towards terrorism?
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- IIT-Guwahati student develops a mobile app to monitor indoor air quality
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- WATCH: At 430/9, India needed 24 runs to avoid follow on. What Kapil Dev did next will blow your mind!
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list