Two sentenced to life for supplying fake currency
Muzaffarnagar: A local court has sentenced
two persons to life imprisonment for supplying fake currency in the district.
Additional District and Sessions Judge Ramesh Chand Diwaker yesterday held Imran and Wajid guilty in the case.
Imran and Wajid along with another accused Nasimuddin
were arrested by police from Shamli town in the district on
April 13 last year and fake currency with a face value of Rs
10,000 was recovered from their possession.
During pendency of the case, Nasimuddin died.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened