Two Shiv Sainiks arrested for attack on Congress workers
Muzaffarnagar: Two Shiv Sena activists
have been arrested and a case of rioting and culpable homicide
has been registered against 20 party activists in connection
with an attack on Congress workers here, police said on Friday.
The arrested activists are divisional president Manoj
Seni and general secretary Vishvekarmi, SP Praveen Kumar said.
Several Congress workers including city president
Sharad Kapil were injured in an attack allegedly by Sena
activists after the former had tried to burn an effigy of Shiv
Sena chief Bal Thackeray here on February 10, he said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Know how much sex is enough for happiness
- Swaragini: Ragini gets caught in her own trap; Swara slaps her
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed