Two Shiv Sainiks arrested for attack on Congress workers
Muzaffarnagar: Two Shiv Sena activists
have been arrested and a case of rioting and culpable homicide
has been registered against 20 party activists in connection
with an attack on Congress workers here, police said on Friday.
The arrested activists are divisional president Manoj
Seni and general secretary Vishvekarmi, SP Praveen Kumar said.
Several Congress workers including city president
Sharad Kapil were injured in an attack allegedly by Sena
activists after the former had tried to burn an effigy of Shiv
Sena chief Bal Thackeray here on February 10, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa suffers cardiac arrest; being monitored
- Watch: PM Modi addresses rally in Moradabad, UP - Part II
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- I-T department rejects declaration of Rs 2,00,000 crore made under IDS by Mumbai family