Two shot dead in Bulandshahr
Bulandshahr: A taxi driver and the cab owner were shot dead allegedly by five unidentified assailants, including a pregnant woman, in Ahar area here, police said on Wednesday.
Taxi owner Harish Chandra and driver Brijendra were yesterday shot dead by five persons, including the pregnant woman, who had hired the vehicle from Mathura for a visit to Bulandshahr, SSP Gulab Singh told reporters here.
Both Harish and Brijendra belonged to Adukhi village of Mathura.
Initial investigation reveals that the five persons made an attempt to loot the vehicle in Ahar area but as the taxi owner and driver tried to resist, they opened fire on them, he said.
Meanwhile, hearing the sound of gun fire, villagers rushed towards the spot of crime, he said adding, following which, the assailants escaped with the vehicle.
Both bodies have been sent for post mortem, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof