Two shot dead in Bulandshahr
Bulandshahr: A taxi driver and the cab owner were shot dead allegedly by five unidentified assailants, including a pregnant woman, in Ahar area here, police said on Wednesday.
Taxi owner Harish Chandra and driver Brijendra were yesterday shot dead by five persons, including the pregnant woman, who had hired the vehicle from Mathura for a visit to Bulandshahr, SSP Gulab Singh told reporters here.
Both Harish and Brijendra belonged to Adukhi village of Mathura.
Initial investigation reveals that the five persons made an attempt to loot the vehicle in Ahar area but as the taxi owner and driver tried to resist, they opened fire on them, he said.
Meanwhile, hearing the sound of gun fire, villagers rushed towards the spot of crime, he said adding, following which, the assailants escaped with the vehicle.
Both bodies have been sent for post mortem, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections 2017: Samajwadi Party's 'kaam bolta hai' slogan faces litmus test