Two shot dead in Bulandshahr
Bulandshahr: A taxi driver and the cab owner were shot dead allegedly by five unidentified assailants, including a pregnant woman, in Ahar area here, police said on Wednesday.
Taxi owner Harish Chandra and driver Brijendra were yesterday shot dead by five persons, including the pregnant woman, who had hired the vehicle from Mathura for a visit to Bulandshahr, SSP Gulab Singh told reporters here.
Both Harish and Brijendra belonged to Adukhi village of Mathura.
Initial investigation reveals that the five persons made an attempt to loot the vehicle in Ahar area but as the taxi owner and driver tried to resist, they opened fire on them, he said.
Meanwhile, hearing the sound of gun fire, villagers rushed towards the spot of crime, he said adding, following which, the assailants escaped with the vehicle.
Both bodies have been sent for post mortem, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test launches first ever indigenous space shuttle
- PM Modi to meet top Iranian leaders today
- Pakistan denounces US drone strike on Taliban chief Mullah Mansoor
- BJP's Roopa Ganguly attacked by Trinamool workers near Kolkata
- PM Modi in Tehran: India, Iran sign historic pact on Chabahar port
- French Open 2016: Andy Murray, Stan Wawrinka face Czech challenge in Paris
- Iraq PM announces start of operation to retake Fallujah
- Amnesty warns Yemen civilians face cluster bombs `minefields`
- KTM 1290 Super Duke R based Husqvarna 1301 spotted testing
- 17 girls dead in fire at school dormitory in Thailand