Two shot dead in Bulandshahr
Bulandshahr: A taxi driver and the cab owner were shot dead allegedly by five unidentified assailants, including a pregnant woman, in Ahar area here, police said on Wednesday.
Taxi owner Harish Chandra and driver Brijendra were yesterday shot dead by five persons, including the pregnant woman, who had hired the vehicle from Mathura for a visit to Bulandshahr, SSP Gulab Singh told reporters here.
Both Harish and Brijendra belonged to Adukhi village of Mathura.
Initial investigation reveals that the five persons made an attempt to loot the vehicle in Ahar area but as the taxi owner and driver tried to resist, they opened fire on them, he said.
Meanwhile, hearing the sound of gun fire, villagers rushed towards the spot of crime, he said adding, following which, the assailants escaped with the vehicle.
Both bodies have been sent for post mortem, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued