Two students killed as truck rams into school bus
Muzaffarnagar: Two students were killed and 12 injured when a speeding truck crashed into their school bus here on Friday, police said.
The accident took place in Jhijhana area, when the speeding truck spun out of control and collided head-on with the bus of the Laurels Convent School (LCS).
"While two boys aged around 14 years died on the spot, 12 students received multiple injuries in the accident," police inspector AK Gautam told reporters in Muzaffarnagar, about 450 km from Lucknow.
"All the injured have been admitted to different hospitals in Muzaffarnagar and Meerut. The condition of three-four students is stated to be serious," he added.
According to police, those injured are in the age group of 10-15 years. At the time of the accident, there were around 20 students in the bus.
Efforts are on to nab the driver of the truck who managed to escape after the accident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review