Two thieves lynched in UP
Lucknow: A mob of villagers early Saturday lynched two thieves in Uttar Pradesh`s Hapur district, police said.
The two men, along with four others, had slipped into Bhatel village in Hafijpur area to steal cattle. Hapur is 435 km from here.
The gang managed to round up many buffaloes and other animals and shift them into a waiting truck.
While they were driving away from the village, their truck got stuck as villagers came riding a tractor down the narrow road.
The villagers smelt something fishy as the thieves tried to speed away, and their truck rammed into the boundary wall of a house.
Many villagers rushed to the spot, and seeing the stolen cattle in the truck, began to thrash the thieves.
While four of the thieves fled, two were beaten to death.
Police officials said one thief died on the spot, while the other passed away at a local medical facility.
A senior police officer said no case has yet been registered.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal