Two thieves lynched in UP
Lucknow: A mob of villagers early Saturday lynched two thieves in Uttar Pradesh`s Hapur district, police said.
The two men, along with four others, had slipped into Bhatel village in Hafijpur area to steal cattle. Hapur is 435 km from here.
The gang managed to round up many buffaloes and other animals and shift them into a waiting truck.
While they were driving away from the village, their truck got stuck as villagers came riding a tractor down the narrow road.
The villagers smelt something fishy as the thieves tried to speed away, and their truck rammed into the boundary wall of a house.
Many villagers rushed to the spot, and seeing the stolen cattle in the truck, began to thrash the thieves.
While four of the thieves fled, two were beaten to death.
Police officials said one thief died on the spot, while the other passed away at a local medical facility.
A senior police officer said no case has yet been registered.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- No bomb found on Turkish Airlines flight which made emergency landing in Delhi