Two thieves lynched in UP
Lucknow: A mob of villagers early Saturday lynched two thieves in Uttar Pradesh`s Hapur district, police said.
The two men, along with four others, had slipped into Bhatel village in Hafijpur area to steal cattle. Hapur is 435 km from here.
The gang managed to round up many buffaloes and other animals and shift them into a waiting truck.
While they were driving away from the village, their truck got stuck as villagers came riding a tractor down the narrow road.
The villagers smelt something fishy as the thieves tried to speed away, and their truck rammed into the boundary wall of a house.
Many villagers rushed to the spot, and seeing the stolen cattle in the truck, began to thrash the thieves.
While four of the thieves fled, two were beaten to death.
Police officials said one thief died on the spot, while the other passed away at a local medical facility.
A senior police officer said no case has yet been registered.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference