Two traders shot dead in Muzaffarnagar
Muzaffarnagar: Two traders were allegedly shot dead by unidentified men at Kairana town in Shamli district, police said on Monday.
The incident took place last evening when Shiv Kumar (48) and Rajender (38), both cousin brothers, were at a business establishment here and three bike-borne assailants opened fire on them for not giving extortion money, following which they died on the spot, they said.
Senior police officers rushed to the spot and launched a search operation, police said, adding no arrest has been made so far.
Meanwhile, irate traders staged a dharna and blocked the Panipat-Meerut Highway at Kairana.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened