Two traders shot dead in Muzaffarnagar
Muzaffarnagar: Two traders were allegedly shot dead by unidentified men at Kairana town in Shamli district, police said on Monday.
The incident took place last evening when Shiv Kumar (48) and Rajender (38), both cousin brothers, were at a business establishment here and three bike-borne assailants opened fire on them for not giving extortion money, following which they died on the spot, they said.
Senior police officers rushed to the spot and launched a search operation, police said, adding no arrest has been made so far.
Meanwhile, irate traders staged a dharna and blocked the Panipat-Meerut Highway at Kairana.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire