Two university staffers arrested in fake marksheet case
Varanasi: Two staff members of the
examination section of the Sampurnanand Sanskrit University
have been arrested in a fake marksheet case, police said
Vijay Nath Shukla and Mihir Mishra were arrested after
the two were suspended by the university authorities last
night, police said.
Public relations officer of the university Shashindra
Mishra said, an FIR was registered against the two at Chetganj
police station last week after a complaint was received from
Rajkumar Dubey, principal of the District Institute for
Education and Training (DIET), Baghpat.
Dubey also came to Varanasi yesterday to provide evidence
and other necessary documents in the case following which the
university authorities approached the police.
Dubey said that a racket of providing fake marksheets and
certificates to students is active in the university and "I
have personally caught 147 cases of fake marksheets, out of
which 31 cases were reported to the police."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy