Two university staffers arrested in fake marksheet case
Varanasi: Two staff members of the
examination section of the Sampurnanand Sanskrit University
have been arrested in a fake marksheet case, police said
Vijay Nath Shukla and Mihir Mishra were arrested after
the two were suspended by the university authorities last
night, police said.
Public relations officer of the university Shashindra
Mishra said, an FIR was registered against the two at Chetganj
police station last week after a complaint was received from
Rajkumar Dubey, principal of the District Institute for
Education and Training (DIET), Baghpat.
Dubey also came to Varanasi yesterday to provide evidence
and other necessary documents in the case following which the
university authorities approached the police.
Dubey said that a racket of providing fake marksheets and
certificates to students is active in the university and "I
have personally caught 147 cases of fake marksheets, out of
which 31 cases were reported to the police."
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Delhi gang-rape: Show juvenile rapist's face to the world, demand Nirbhaya's parents
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case