Two UP cops fight in public, one is critical
Lucknow: An Uttar Pradesh policeman was in critical condition Wednesday after he and a colleague attacked each other with bamboo sticks in media glare, leaving them bleeding from the face.
Superintendent of Police Habib ul Hasan identified the policemen as Mukund Yadav and Sunil Dixit, who fought outside the Indira Gandhi Pratishtan where Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav was meeting industrialists.
The two were from the 10th battalion of the Provincial Armed Constabulary (PAC).
Hasan told a news agency that while Head Constable Yadav was admitted to the Ram Manohar Lohia hospital, constable Dixit was in critical condition, with doctors saying his condition was a cause for concern.
While the two hit each other with sticks, other policemen tried to intervene but failed to separate them.
It was only when officer Umesh Bahadur Singh reached the spot with a police force that the two could be separated. It was not immediately clear what provoked the clash.
Senior officials of PAC said strict action would be initiated against the two as they had lowered the image of the force in public eye.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Vijender Singh turns professional boxer, to miss 2016 Rio Olympics
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional