Two UP cops fight in public, one is critical
Lucknow: An Uttar Pradesh policeman was in critical condition Wednesday after he and a colleague attacked each other with bamboo sticks in media glare, leaving them bleeding from the face.
Superintendent of Police Habib ul Hasan identified the policemen as Mukund Yadav and Sunil Dixit, who fought outside the Indira Gandhi Pratishtan where Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav was meeting industrialists.
The two were from the 10th battalion of the Provincial Armed Constabulary (PAC).
Hasan told a news agency that while Head Constable Yadav was admitted to the Ram Manohar Lohia hospital, constable Dixit was in critical condition, with doctors saying his condition was a cause for concern.
While the two hit each other with sticks, other policemen tried to intervene but failed to separate them.
It was only when officer Umesh Bahadur Singh reached the spot with a police force that the two could be separated. It was not immediately clear what provoked the clash.
Senior officials of PAC said strict action would be initiated against the two as they had lowered the image of the force in public eye.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city