Two UP cops fight in public, one is critical
Lucknow: An Uttar Pradesh policeman was in critical condition Wednesday after he and a colleague attacked each other with bamboo sticks in media glare, leaving them bleeding from the face.
Superintendent of Police Habib ul Hasan identified the policemen as Mukund Yadav and Sunil Dixit, who fought outside the Indira Gandhi Pratishtan where Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav was meeting industrialists.
The two were from the 10th battalion of the Provincial Armed Constabulary (PAC).
Hasan told a news agency that while Head Constable Yadav was admitted to the Ram Manohar Lohia hospital, constable Dixit was in critical condition, with doctors saying his condition was a cause for concern.
While the two hit each other with sticks, other policemen tried to intervene but failed to separate them.
It was only when officer Umesh Bahadur Singh reached the spot with a police force that the two could be separated. It was not immediately clear what provoked the clash.
Senior officials of PAC said strict action would be initiated against the two as they had lowered the image of the force in public eye.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India