Two women crushed to death in separate mishaps
Muzaffarnagar: Two women were crushed to death in separate road accidents in the district here, police said Tuesday.
27-year-old Liluni was crushed to death and her husband Wasim got injured, when a speeding truck hit their motorcycle at Rampur-Tiraha (three-way-crossing) on the Delhi-Dehradun national highway here yesterday, they said.
The people pelted stones on the truck and tried to burn it.
In another mishap, a 58-year-old lady professor was crushed to death by a speeding bus here last night, police said.
Kalapna Bhatnager, a professor at Jain College was crushed to death by the bus when she was travelling on a scooter with her husband, they said.
The bodies have been been sent for the postmortem, police added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Soldier buried under Siachen avalanche snow rescued after six days
- Panel discussion on demand for expulsion of Wahabi Syllabus from Universities- Part IV
- DNA: Analysis on India's naval prowess at International Fleet Review
- Panel discussion on demand for expulsion of Wahabi Syllabus from Universities
- Panel discussion on demand for expulsion of Wahabi Syllabus from Universities- Part II
- 12 men rape British teen girl for over 13 months; slapped with 140 years in jail
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa brought to Delhi, Army chief Dabir Singh visits RR hospital
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen