Two women crushed to death in separate mishaps
Muzaffarnagar: Two women were crushed to death in separate road accidents in the district here, police said Tuesday.
27-year-old Liluni was crushed to death and her husband Wasim got injured, when a speeding truck hit their motorcycle at Rampur-Tiraha (three-way-crossing) on the Delhi-Dehradun national highway here yesterday, they said.
The people pelted stones on the truck and tried to burn it.
In another mishap, a 58-year-old lady professor was crushed to death by a speeding bus here last night, police said.
Kalapna Bhatnager, a professor at Jain College was crushed to death by the bus when she was travelling on a scooter with her husband, they said.
The bodies have been been sent for the postmortem, police added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city