Two women crushed to death in separate mishaps
Muzaffarnagar: Two women were crushed to death in separate road accidents in the district here, police said Tuesday.
27-year-old Liluni was crushed to death and her husband Wasim got injured, when a speeding truck hit their motorcycle at Rampur-Tiraha (three-way-crossing) on the Delhi-Dehradun national highway here yesterday, they said.
The people pelted stones on the truck and tried to burn it.
In another mishap, a 58-year-old lady professor was crushed to death by a speeding bus here last night, police said.
Kalapna Bhatnager, a professor at Jain College was crushed to death by the bus when she was travelling on a scooter with her husband, they said.
The bodies have been been sent for the postmortem, police added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- What's the motive behind politicising Yakub Memon's death penalty?
- Lalu Prasad Yadav calls PM Modi ''Kans'', BJP ''Bharat Jalao Party''
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY