Two youths arrested after hoax bomb threat at railway station
Kanpur: Two Kashmiri youths were picked up for questioning here after a TV channel told local police that it had received an SMS threat to blow up the Central
The two youths - Ishtiyak Ahmad and Shabbir Ahmad - from Srinagar were detained yesterday and released this morning after no criminal record was found against them,
Kanpur DIG Ashok Jain today said.
Police said that a Delhi-based TV news channel had claimed that it had received an SMS threatening to blow up the station.
The police launched a hunt at the station and detained the two.
Following their detention, the police contacted the Srinagar SSP, who informed that the two have no criminal record, he said.
The two came to the city to sell shawls in an
After a thorough search of the railway station and the trains, the SMS was declared as hoax, he said.
He said the security agencies have maintained a tight vigil at the station and the trains are being checked to keep a tab on any movement of anti-national elements.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: There are no shortcuts to success, says Dr Chandra
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?