Two youths arrested after hoax bomb threat at railway station
Kanpur: Two Kashmiri youths were picked up for questioning here after a TV channel told local police that it had received an SMS threat to blow up the Central
The two youths - Ishtiyak Ahmad and Shabbir Ahmad - from Srinagar were detained yesterday and released this morning after no criminal record was found against them,
Kanpur DIG Ashok Jain today said.
Police said that a Delhi-based TV news channel had claimed that it had received an SMS threatening to blow up the station.
The police launched a hunt at the station and detained the two.
Following their detention, the police contacted the Srinagar SSP, who informed that the two have no criminal record, he said.
The two came to the city to sell shawls in an
After a thorough search of the railway station and the trains, the SMS was declared as hoax, he said.
He said the security agencies have maintained a tight vigil at the station and the trains are being checked to keep a tab on any movement of anti-national elements.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees