Two youths arrested after hoax bomb threat at railway station
Kanpur: Two Kashmiri youths were picked up for questioning here after a TV channel told local police that it had received an SMS threat to blow up the Central
The two youths - Ishtiyak Ahmad and Shabbir Ahmad - from Srinagar were detained yesterday and released this morning after no criminal record was found against them,
Kanpur DIG Ashok Jain today said.
Police said that a Delhi-based TV news channel had claimed that it had received an SMS threatening to blow up the station.
The police launched a hunt at the station and detained the two.
Following their detention, the police contacted the Srinagar SSP, who informed that the two have no criminal record, he said.
The two came to the city to sell shawls in an
After a thorough search of the railway station and the trains, the SMS was declared as hoax, he said.
He said the security agencies have maintained a tight vigil at the station and the trains are being checked to keep a tab on any movement of anti-national elements.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi Police arrests AAP MLA in the middle of press conference
- Pak grants 91-year-old Indian's last wish - a trip to his ‘ancestral home’
- Bihar: Acid attack on girl in Aurangabad district, victim critical
- MP: Dalit families migrating from village due to hooligans
- Is there any political clash between Akhilesh Yadav and Shivpal Yadav?
- I was more focused after Centennial Park bombing: Leander Paes
- AAP MLA Dinesh Mohaniya arrested from press conference
- NASA technology finds bacteria's role in breast cancer
- HORRIFIC! Man kills wife, her 3 daughters, lives with their bodies for two days in Chennai
- Dolled up in pastel! Aditi Rao Hydari puts her best foot forward at IIFA 2016