Two youths arrested after hoax bomb threat at railway station
Kanpur: Two Kashmiri youths were picked up for questioning here after a TV channel told local police that it had received an SMS threat to blow up the Central
The two youths - Ishtiyak Ahmad and Shabbir Ahmad - from Srinagar were detained yesterday and released this morning after no criminal record was found against them,
Kanpur DIG Ashok Jain today said.
Police said that a Delhi-based TV news channel had claimed that it had received an SMS threatening to blow up the station.
The police launched a hunt at the station and detained the two.
Following their detention, the police contacted the Srinagar SSP, who informed that the two have no criminal record, he said.
The two came to the city to sell shawls in an
After a thorough search of the railway station and the trains, the SMS was declared as hoax, he said.
He said the security agencies have maintained a tight vigil at the station and the trains are being checked to keep a tab on any movement of anti-national elements.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'