Two youths arrested for eve-teasing athlete
Saharanpur: An 18-year-old national level sprinter was allegedly eve-teased by five youths in a car and left seriously injured after they tried to run over her, police said.
Two accused youths have been arrested while three others are absconding, they added.
The incident occurred early Wednesday morning when five youths in a car allegedly eve-teased the girl, who was practicing with her fellow athletes, police said.
When her companions protested the misbehaviour of the youths, the accused tried to run over the girl, due to which she was seriously injured, they added.
The victim was admitted in a city hospital, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy? Part II
- No scientific evidence proves Farakka Dam caused Bihar floods: Sushil Kumar Modi
- Ram Vilas Paswan favours ban on sugar futures
- Turkey has shown no evidence of Gulen coup role: US
- At least 73 dead as pre-dawn earthquake hits central Italy
- FC Pune City rope in ex-Chelsea, Barcelona forward Eidur Gudjohnsen