Two youths arrested for eve-teasing athlete
Saharanpur: An 18-year-old national level sprinter was allegedly eve-teased by five youths in a car and left seriously injured after they tried to run over her, police said.
Two accused youths have been arrested while three others are absconding, they added.
The incident occurred early Wednesday morning when five youths in a car allegedly eve-teased the girl, who was practicing with her fellow athletes, police said.
When her companions protested the misbehaviour of the youths, the accused tried to run over the girl, due to which she was seriously injured, they added.
The victim was admitted in a city hospital, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- Kerala: Medical college prohibits girls from wearing jeans, noisy ornaments
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption