Two youths arrested for eve-teasing athlete
Saharanpur: An 18-year-old national level sprinter was allegedly eve-teased by five youths in a car and left seriously injured after they tried to run over her, police said.
Two accused youths have been arrested while three others are absconding, they added.
The incident occurred early Wednesday morning when five youths in a car allegedly eve-teased the girl, who was practicing with her fellow athletes, police said.
When her companions protested the misbehaviour of the youths, the accused tried to run over the girl, due to which she was seriously injured, they added.
The victim was admitted in a city hospital, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- Soon, Skype will not run on these Windows, Android phones
- Munich shooter was German-Iranian, motive `unclear`; likely sole shooter
- 'EgyptAir Flight 804 broke up in midair after a fire'
- Warrants issued in Turkey for arrest of 300 Presidential Guards
- Democrat Hilary Clinton picks Kaine as vice presidential running mate