Two youths shot at in clash during cricket match in Ghaziabad
Ghaziabad: Two youths were on Sunday shot at when two groups clashed during a cricket match in Sahibabad area of Ghaziabad.
Rijwan and Sohail sustained bullet injuries and were rushed to Ambay hospital, police said.
One person has been arrested, a senior police official said, adding that the hunt to nab other accused was on.
The incident occurred in Passonda area during a cricket match, police said, adding that youths of a group led by Sonu fired at Rijwan and Sohail after heated argument over some issue during the match.
"During the match, the two teams had a dispute over a wicket, following which the fight soon turned ugly and some members of Sonu`s team took out country-made pistols and opened fire at Rijwan`s group," said Ramnath Singh Yadav, Station House Officer, Sahibabad police station.
Police said another youth named Yunish was also injured in the clash though he didn`t get bullet injuries.
"We have arrested Sonu and more arrests would be made soon," said Yadav.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand