U P assembly resolution on Dimple creating parliamentary history
Lucknow : Uttar Pradesh vidhan sabha on Friday adopted a resolution congratulating chief minister Akhilesh Yadav for the unique feat achieved by his wife Dimple Yadav whose election in the Kannauj Lok Sabha byelection is a mere formality now.
Following the withdrawal of names by both the candidates against Dimple Yadav, minister for revenue Ambika Chaudhary moved the resolution in the House claiming that under the guidance of the chief minister it is for the first time in parliamentary history that a candidate has been elected to the Lok Sabha unopposed.
The House later adopted the resolution by a voice vote.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- Wimbledon 2015: Sania Mirza, Rohan Bopanna through to quarters, Paes' campaign ends