UGC finds 8 fake universities in UP, 6 in Delhi
New Delhi: Uttar Pradesh leads a list of 21
fake universities in the country identified by the UGC
followed by Delhi.
The varsities, also spread across Karnataka, Kerala,
Madhya Pradesh, Maharashtra, Tamil Nadu, West Bengal and
Bihar, were found functioning in contravention of the
provisions of the UGC Act.
While Uttar Pradesh has eight such universities, Delhi
has six and the rest of the states have one varsity each.
The UGC has cautioned that running of under-graduate or
post-graduate courses and giving misleading advertisements
shall attract severe action under the provisions of law.
"Aspiring students are advised not to pursue higher
education courses with such self-styled, unrecognised and
unapproved institutions. Anyone dealing with such institutions
for pursuing academic studies for degrees, shall be
doing so at their own risk and responsibility," UGC said.
The fake universities identified in Delhi are Varanaseya
Sanskrit Vishwavidyalaya, Varanasi, Jagatpuri, Delhi,
Commercial University Ltd., Daryaganj, United Nations
University, Vocational University, ADR-Centric Juridical
University, Rajendra Place and Indian Institute of Science and
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!
- Shocking! 7 veg food items that may actually be non veg
- CBSE 12th Result 2015 to be announced on Monday
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Say hello to 'nastiest' star ever
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy