U`khand chopper crash: ITBP constable cremated
Jhansi: The mortal remains of Indo-Tibetan Border Police conastable Sarvesh, who died in helicopter crash during rescue operations in Uttarakhand, were consigned to flames on Tuesday with full state honours.
The body of Sarvesh was brought to his native Haibatpura Garautha village where Union minister Pradip Jain Aditya and state minister Raja Mahendra Aridaman Singh were present, official sources said.
Later, his last rites were performed.
The state minister handed over cheques of Rs 20 lakhs besides papers of land given by the government to the family, sources said.
Local MLA Deep Narain also announced that an inter college would be set up in the village on Sarvesh`s name.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP