ULFA leaders seek blessings for talks with Centre at Kumbh
Allahabad: Two senior ULFA leaders belonging to the pro-talk faction took a holy dip in the Sangam at the Kumbh Mela seeking divine blessings for the success of their ongoing talks with the Centre.
Self-styled Deputy Commander-in-Chief of the United Liberation Front of Assam (ULFA) Raju Baruah and the outfit`s Foreign Secretary Shashidhar Chaudhary yesterday took the dip in the Sangam along with religious leader Swami Adhokshananda.
The two leaders said their visit to the Kumbh Mela was aimed at invoking "divine blessing for the peace talks and for expediting its success".
They said once the Government accepted their demands, "including stoppage of foreign infiltration, a settlement within the framework of Indian Constitution would be possible" and their cadres "would come out to live in peace".
Swami Adhokshanand said that he had been making efforts to bring about "peace between Government and various separatist outfits, including the ULFA".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- My News: People forced to pay for govt water tankers in Sangam Vihar
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- FSSAI testing more Maggi; brand ambassadors can be liable: Govt
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi