ULFA leaders seek blessings for talks with Centre at Kumbh
Allahabad: Two senior ULFA leaders belonging to the pro-talk faction took a holy dip in the Sangam at the Kumbh Mela seeking divine blessings for the success of their ongoing talks with the Centre.
Self-styled Deputy Commander-in-Chief of the United Liberation Front of Assam (ULFA) Raju Baruah and the outfit`s Foreign Secretary Shashidhar Chaudhary yesterday took the dip in the Sangam along with religious leader Swami Adhokshananda.
The two leaders said their visit to the Kumbh Mela was aimed at invoking "divine blessing for the peace talks and for expediting its success".
They said once the Government accepted their demands, "including stoppage of foreign infiltration, a settlement within the framework of Indian Constitution would be possible" and their cadres "would come out to live in peace".
Swami Adhokshanand said that he had been making efforts to bring about "peace between Government and various separatist outfits, including the ULFA".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Will India's SAARC summit boycott change Pak's attitude towards terrorism?
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists