ULFA leaders seek blessings for talks with Centre at Kumbh
Allahabad: Two senior ULFA leaders belonging to the pro-talk faction took a holy dip in the Sangam at the Kumbh Mela seeking divine blessings for the success of their ongoing talks with the Centre.
Self-styled Deputy Commander-in-Chief of the United Liberation Front of Assam (ULFA) Raju Baruah and the outfit`s Foreign Secretary Shashidhar Chaudhary yesterday took the dip in the Sangam along with religious leader Swami Adhokshananda.
The two leaders said their visit to the Kumbh Mela was aimed at invoking "divine blessing for the peace talks and for expediting its success".
They said once the Government accepted their demands, "including stoppage of foreign infiltration, a settlement within the framework of Indian Constitution would be possible" and their cadres "would come out to live in peace".
Swami Adhokshanand said that he had been making efforts to bring about "peace between Government and various separatist outfits, including the ULFA".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened