Uma Bharti accuses UP govt of "shielding" criminals
Lalitpur: Union Minister Uma Bharti on Sunday slammed the Samajwadi Party government over the deteriorating law and order situation in Uttar Pradesh and accused it of "shielding" criminals and rapists.
"There is no law and order in UP. The state government is shielding criminals and rapists," Bharti said during a press conference here last evening.
Reacting to Samajwadi Party supremo`s statement that law and order situation in UP was better than the other states, she claimed: "Mulayam Singh Yadav`s recent rape statement has boosted the morale of criminals."
On financial package to Bundelkhand, Bharti said discussions were held with the Union Finance Minister and it was decided that a review will be carried out.
"There has been a lot of corruption in the Bundelkhand package and the budget earmarked was also not utilised. A special group is studying on the package and it will prepare new schemes to benefit the area," she added.
The Union Minister for Water Resources said there had been no shortage of water for irrigation in Bundelkhand since the completion of Ken-Betwa river link project.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31