Uma Bharti accuses UP govt of "shielding" criminals
Lalitpur: Union Minister Uma Bharti on Sunday slammed the Samajwadi Party government over the deteriorating law and order situation in Uttar Pradesh and accused it of "shielding" criminals and rapists.
"There is no law and order in UP. The state government is shielding criminals and rapists," Bharti said during a press conference here last evening.
Reacting to Samajwadi Party supremo`s statement that law and order situation in UP was better than the other states, she claimed: "Mulayam Singh Yadav`s recent rape statement has boosted the morale of criminals."
On financial package to Bundelkhand, Bharti said discussions were held with the Union Finance Minister and it was decided that a review will be carried out.
"There has been a lot of corruption in the Bundelkhand package and the budget earmarked was also not utilised. A special group is studying on the package and it will prepare new schemes to benefit the area," she added.
The Union Minister for Water Resources said there had been no shortage of water for irrigation in Bundelkhand since the completion of Ken-Betwa river link project.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only?
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part II
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part III
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part IV
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- China, Pakistan launch first joint border patrols near Xinjiang
- Mamta Kulkarni breaks silence to rebuff drug racket reports, says glamour does not tantalize her anymore
- India stands with Bangladesh in its fight against terrorism: PM Narendra Modi to Sheikh Hasina
- It's Marlon Samuels vs Virat Kohli: How two batting mainstays will decide the course of West Indies-India series
- I-T dept identifies 90 lakh high-value transactions without PAN; to seek details