Uma Bharti accuses UP govt of "shielding" criminals
Lalitpur: Union Minister Uma Bharti on Sunday slammed the Samajwadi Party government over the deteriorating law and order situation in Uttar Pradesh and accused it of "shielding" criminals and rapists.
"There is no law and order in UP. The state government is shielding criminals and rapists," Bharti said during a press conference here last evening.
Reacting to Samajwadi Party supremo`s statement that law and order situation in UP was better than the other states, she claimed: "Mulayam Singh Yadav`s recent rape statement has boosted the morale of criminals."
On financial package to Bundelkhand, Bharti said discussions were held with the Union Finance Minister and it was decided that a review will be carried out.
"There has been a lot of corruption in the Bundelkhand package and the budget earmarked was also not utilised. A special group is studying on the package and it will prepare new schemes to benefit the area," she added.
The Union Minister for Water Resources said there had been no shortage of water for irrigation in Bundelkhand since the completion of Ken-Betwa river link project.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ganga river crosses danger mark in UP, Bihar and West Bengal
- NDMC issues notices to President's Estate for mosquito breeding
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of loss caused by floods in India
- Sensex falls for second straight session, cracks below 28,000-mark
- NIA reveals why ISIS bigger threat to India than Pakistani terrorists - Read details
- How to prevent obesity, eating disorders in teenagers
- Flood situation in Bihar under control: CM Nitish Kumar
- Teenaged Dalit girl gang-raped in UP's Aligarh