Uma Bharti BJP`s CM candidate in UP: Kulkarni
Agra: Sudheendra Kulkarni, former aide of LK Advani, on Sunday supported the BJP leader Uma Bharti as party`s chief ministerial candidate, days after party chief Nitin Gadkari had reportedly projected her as the leading candidate of the party.
Recently, Gadkari`s statement, in which he reportedly projected Bharti as the chief ministerial candidate in UP elections, had created a flutter within the party.
"If BJP comes to power Uma Bharti`s name will be on the top, and what Gadkari has said is correct," Kulkarni said here.
"The high turnout in the UP elections is a good omen for the Indian democracy, and with this days of BSP government in the state are numbered," said Kulkarni.
The BJP would certainly benefit in this election, he said. The manifestos of other parties are just a show off, however, BJP will implement all the promises made to the people of the state, he said.
Congress had also criticised the BJP on the Gadkari`s reported statement.
Digvijay Singh had said that "I feel sorry for BJP leaders like Rajnath Singh, Kalraj Mishra and SP Shahi who were not considered by BJP fit for the state`s top post."
Uma Bharti is fighting election from Charkhari constituency.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections 2017: Samajwadi Party's 'kaam bolta hai' slogan faces litmus test
- Sony Xperia X gets a price cut of whopping Rs 14,000