Uma Bharti slams UP govt over law and order
Muzaffarnagar (UP): Days after re-joining
BJP, Uma Bharti has come down heavily on the Mayawati-led
Uttar Pradesh government over law and order situation in the
state saying that it has failed on all fronts.
"Law and order situation in the state has worsened and
common man in the state is living in a fearful atmosphere,"
she said here yesterday.
Condemning the incident of alleged rape and murder of
a girl inside the premises of a police station in Lakhimpur
district, Bharti said even policemen in the state are
"involved in criminal activities."
BJP leader said she was against bifurcation of the
state and "if a Harit pradesh is carved out of western UP then
it will become a mini-Pakistan."
Bharti has been entrusted responsibility of focusing
on the party`s campaign in Uttar Pradesh ahead of Assembly
elections next year.
Former Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister also crticised
the Central government for following anti-democratic policies
and termed the forceful eviction of Baba Ramdev and his
followers from Ramlila grounds as improper.
She said that Baba Ramdev is fighting for a serious
cause of corruption and people have faith in him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- Nuke-armed Pakistan can 'target' Delhi in 5 minutes, claims AQ Khan
- Gorilla shot dead after child falls into enclosure at Cincinnati Zoo!
- Are increasing attacks on African students racial in nature?
- Are increasing attacks on African students racial in nature? - Part II
- Blasted by Twitterati, Tanmay Bhat hits back with 'Advani ke budhape' tweet; deletes it mins after posting
- Alan Pulido: Mexican footballer kidnapping sets off massive manhunt
- Italian actor Giorgio Albertazzi dies at 92
- Vanessa Paradis writes letter defending former partner Johnny Depp?
- Delhi: Africans thrash Ola cabbie for refusing to carry extra passengers