Uma Bharti slams UP govt over law and order
Muzaffarnagar (UP): Days after re-joining
BJP, Uma Bharti has come down heavily on the Mayawati-led
Uttar Pradesh government over law and order situation in the
state saying that it has failed on all fronts.
"Law and order situation in the state has worsened and
common man in the state is living in a fearful atmosphere,"
she said here yesterday.
Condemning the incident of alleged rape and murder of
a girl inside the premises of a police station in Lakhimpur
district, Bharti said even policemen in the state are
"involved in criminal activities."
BJP leader said she was against bifurcation of the
state and "if a Harit pradesh is carved out of western UP then
it will become a mini-Pakistan."
Bharti has been entrusted responsibility of focusing
on the party`s campaign in Uttar Pradesh ahead of Assembly
elections next year.
Former Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister also crticised
the Central government for following anti-democratic policies
and termed the forceful eviction of Baba Ramdev and his
followers from Ramlila grounds as improper.
She said that Baba Ramdev is fighting for a serious
cause of corruption and people have faith in him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!