Uma Bharti slams UP govt over law and order
Muzaffarnagar (UP): Days after re-joining
BJP, Uma Bharti has come down heavily on the Mayawati-led
Uttar Pradesh government over law and order situation in the
state saying that it has failed on all fronts.
"Law and order situation in the state has worsened and
common man in the state is living in a fearful atmosphere,"
she said here yesterday.
Condemning the incident of alleged rape and murder of
a girl inside the premises of a police station in Lakhimpur
district, Bharti said even policemen in the state are
"involved in criminal activities."
BJP leader said she was against bifurcation of the
state and "if a Harit pradesh is carved out of western UP then
it will become a mini-Pakistan."
Bharti has been entrusted responsibility of focusing
on the party`s campaign in Uttar Pradesh ahead of Assembly
elections next year.
Former Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister also crticised
the Central government for following anti-democratic policies
and termed the forceful eviction of Baba Ramdev and his
followers from Ramlila grounds as improper.
She said that Baba Ramdev is fighting for a serious
cause of corruption and people have faith in him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?