Uma Bharti slams UP govt over law and order
Muzaffarnagar (UP): Days after re-joining
BJP, Uma Bharti has come down heavily on the Mayawati-led
Uttar Pradesh government over law and order situation in the
state saying that it has failed on all fronts.
"Law and order situation in the state has worsened and
common man in the state is living in a fearful atmosphere,"
she said here yesterday.
Condemning the incident of alleged rape and murder of
a girl inside the premises of a police station in Lakhimpur
district, Bharti said even policemen in the state are
"involved in criminal activities."
BJP leader said she was against bifurcation of the
state and "if a Harit pradesh is carved out of western UP then
it will become a mini-Pakistan."
Bharti has been entrusted responsibility of focusing
on the party`s campaign in Uttar Pradesh ahead of Assembly
elections next year.
Former Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister also crticised
the Central government for following anti-democratic policies
and termed the forceful eviction of Baba Ramdev and his
followers from Ramlila grounds as improper.
She said that Baba Ramdev is fighting for a serious
cause of corruption and people have faith in him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Kapil Sharma renews contract, his latest fee will make your jaw drop!