Uma hits out at Mulayam for his rape victim remark
Bahraich (UP): Criticising Mulayam Singh
Yadav for his reported statement promising government jobs to
rape victims, BJP leader Uma Bharti on Friday said the Samajwadi
Party president lacked understanding of social concerns.
Talking to reporters here, the former Madhya Pradesh
Chief Minister favoured capital punishment for rape convicts.
"If the BJP is voted to power, it will make provision
of capital punishment for rapists to prevent recurrence of
such incidents," she said.
Earlier, addressing an election rally, she claimed that
the situation of poor Muslims would not improve by giving them
Bharti said waqf property would be freed from illegal
possession and engineering and medical colleges will be set
up for Muslims in the event of her party coming to power in
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble