Uma hits out at Mulayam for his rape victim remark
Bahraich (UP): Criticising Mulayam Singh
Yadav for his reported statement promising government jobs to
rape victims, BJP leader Uma Bharti on Friday said the Samajwadi
Party president lacked understanding of social concerns.
Talking to reporters here, the former Madhya Pradesh
Chief Minister favoured capital punishment for rape convicts.
"If the BJP is voted to power, it will make provision
of capital punishment for rapists to prevent recurrence of
such incidents," she said.
Earlier, addressing an election rally, she claimed that
the situation of poor Muslims would not improve by giving them
Bharti said waqf property would be freed from illegal
possession and engineering and medical colleges will be set
up for Muslims in the event of her party coming to power in
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands