Uma hits out at Mulayam for his rape victim remark
Bahraich (UP): Criticising Mulayam Singh
Yadav for his reported statement promising government jobs to
rape victims, BJP leader Uma Bharti on Friday said the Samajwadi
Party president lacked understanding of social concerns.
Talking to reporters here, the former Madhya Pradesh
Chief Minister favoured capital punishment for rape convicts.
"If the BJP is voted to power, it will make provision
of capital punishment for rapists to prevent recurrence of
such incidents," she said.
Earlier, addressing an election rally, she claimed that
the situation of poor Muslims would not improve by giving them
Bharti said waqf property would be freed from illegal
possession and engineering and medical colleges will be set
up for Muslims in the event of her party coming to power in
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Robert Vadra explains Facebook post, denies insulting Parliament
- Shashi Tharoor condems Yakub Memon's hanging
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez