Uma`s absence from UP Assembly raised in House
Lucknow: BJP MLA Uma Bharti`s absence from the Uttar Pradesh Assembly since the beginning of the session was raised in the House by a Congress member, who requested the Speaker for her "darshan".
"Senior BJP leader and former Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Uma Bharti is not coming to the House. Please ensure that she gives `darshan` here", Congress member Pramod Tiwari said while raising the matter in the Assembly during Zero hour.
Speaker Mata Prasad Pandey said that the House could not do anything as attending or not attending the House is the wish of the member. "If a member did not attend House for long time, it would do the needful", Pandey said.
Replying to the Congress, BJP member Kalraj Mishra said that he would apprise Bharti about their sentiments.
Bharti, who won Assembly polls from Charkhari has not attended even a single sitting since the commencement of the House.
She had even missed the scheduled oath-taking ceremony and later took oath alone at the Speaker`s chamber.
Bharti, who was projected as the Chief ministerial candidate by a section of BJP leadership was not seen active in the state politics after poor performance of the party in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow