Uma`s absence from UP Assembly raised in House
Lucknow: BJP MLA Uma Bharti`s absence from the Uttar Pradesh Assembly since the beginning of the session was raised in the House by a Congress member, who requested the Speaker for her "darshan".
"Senior BJP leader and former Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Uma Bharti is not coming to the House. Please ensure that she gives `darshan` here", Congress member Pramod Tiwari said while raising the matter in the Assembly during Zero hour.
Speaker Mata Prasad Pandey said that the House could not do anything as attending or not attending the House is the wish of the member. "If a member did not attend House for long time, it would do the needful", Pandey said.
Replying to the Congress, BJP member Kalraj Mishra said that he would apprise Bharti about their sentiments.
Bharti, who won Assembly polls from Charkhari has not attended even a single sitting since the commencement of the House.
She had even missed the scheduled oath-taking ceremony and later took oath alone at the Speaker`s chamber.
Bharti, who was projected as the Chief ministerial candidate by a section of BJP leadership was not seen active in the state politics after poor performance of the party in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!