Uma`s absence from UP Assembly raised in House
Lucknow: BJP MLA Uma Bharti`s absence from the Uttar Pradesh Assembly since the beginning of the session was raised in the House by a Congress member, who requested the Speaker for her "darshan".
"Senior BJP leader and former Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Uma Bharti is not coming to the House. Please ensure that she gives `darshan` here", Congress member Pramod Tiwari said while raising the matter in the Assembly during Zero hour.
Speaker Mata Prasad Pandey said that the House could not do anything as attending or not attending the House is the wish of the member. "If a member did not attend House for long time, it would do the needful", Pandey said.
Replying to the Congress, BJP member Kalraj Mishra said that he would apprise Bharti about their sentiments.
Bharti, who won Assembly polls from Charkhari has not attended even a single sitting since the commencement of the House.
She had even missed the scheduled oath-taking ceremony and later took oath alone at the Speaker`s chamber.
Bharti, who was projected as the Chief ministerial candidate by a section of BJP leadership was not seen active in the state politics after poor performance of the party in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore