Uma`s absence from UP Assembly raised in House
Lucknow: BJP MLA Uma Bharti`s absence from the Uttar Pradesh Assembly since the beginning of the session was raised in the House by a Congress member, who requested the Speaker for her "darshan".
"Senior BJP leader and former Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Uma Bharti is not coming to the House. Please ensure that she gives `darshan` here", Congress member Pramod Tiwari said while raising the matter in the Assembly during Zero hour.
Speaker Mata Prasad Pandey said that the House could not do anything as attending or not attending the House is the wish of the member. "If a member did not attend House for long time, it would do the needful", Pandey said.
Replying to the Congress, BJP member Kalraj Mishra said that he would apprise Bharti about their sentiments.
Bharti, who won Assembly polls from Charkhari has not attended even a single sitting since the commencement of the House.
She had even missed the scheduled oath-taking ceremony and later took oath alone at the Speaker`s chamber.
Bharti, who was projected as the Chief ministerial candidate by a section of BJP leadership was not seen active in the state politics after poor performance of the party in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch - Parrikar's reply to Mamata's military coup claim
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'