Uma`s re-induction under consideration: BJP
Lucknow: The BJP Sunday said the re-induction
of former party leaders Uma Bharti and Govindacharya into its
fold was under consideration of the central leadership.
"The matter is under consideration. But, a final decision
in this regard will be taken by the BJP Parliamentary Board,"
party spokesman Ramnath Kovind told reporters.
On the re-entry of Kalyan Singh, once an Ayodhya movement
icon into the party, he said the former Uttar Pradesh Chief
Minister had himself ruled out such a possibility.
Firebrand Bharti and former party ideologue Govindacharya
had left the BJP in 2003.
Slamming the Mayawati government for installing statues
across Uttar Pradesh, Kovind said the ruling BSP had nothing
to do with the ideology of dalit icon B R Ambedkar who always
opposed idolisation of a person.
"Dr Ambedkar always opposed the idea of idolising a
person and was not in favour of installing statues.
"However, BSP president Mayawati wants to get herself
immortalised by getting her statues installed," he said.
Alleging the Mayawati government had failed on all
fronts, he said erecting statues was its "sole agenda".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!