Unable to repay bank loan, youth commits suicide
Banda: Depressed over his inability to repay a bank loan, a 25-year-old youth allegedly committed suicide in Tindwari area here, police said on Monday.
Monu Singh hung himself from a tree in his orchard in Bhidaura village yesterday, they said.
Singh had taken a loan of Rs 35,000 on kisan credit card from a gramin bank, but was unable to repay it, the victim`s uncle Jagdish said.
Jagdish alleged that bank officials were pressing for the repayment of loan due to which Monu was under depression.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ATM virus attack: Users of debit cards under threat!
- J&K govt suspends 12 officials on anti-national activities
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- Bhubaneswar fire: Owner of SUM Hospital surrenders
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you