Unable to repay bank loan, youth commits suicide
Banda: Depressed over his inability to repay a bank loan, a 25-year-old youth allegedly committed suicide in Tindwari area here, police said on Monday.
Monu Singh hung himself from a tree in his orchard in Bhidaura village yesterday, they said.
Singh had taken a loan of Rs 35,000 on kisan credit card from a gramin bank, but was unable to repay it, the victim`s uncle Jagdish said.
Jagdish alleged that bank officials were pressing for the repayment of loan due to which Monu was under depression.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Kapil Sharma renews contract, his latest fee will make your jaw drop!