Unable to repay bank loan, youth commits suicide
Banda: Depressed over his inability to repay a bank loan, a 25-year-old youth allegedly committed suicide in Tindwari area here, police said on Monday.
Monu Singh hung himself from a tree in his orchard in Bhidaura village yesterday, they said.
Singh had taken a loan of Rs 35,000 on kisan credit card from a gramin bank, but was unable to repay it, the victim`s uncle Jagdish said.
Jagdish alleged that bank officials were pressing for the repayment of loan due to which Monu was under depression.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- Amit Shah to inaugurate workshop of BJP state core committees
- Samsung likely to launch Tizen powered Z2 smartphone in India today
- Baloch leaders booked: JKNPP calls on Centre to slap sedition charges against separatists
- Earth's temperature dropped during solar eclipse
- 5.5 magnitude earthquake hits Myanmar-India border; tremors felt in Assam