Unable to repay bank loan, youth commits suicide
Banda: Depressed over his inability to repay a bank loan, a 25-year-old youth allegedly committed suicide in Tindwari area here, police said on Monday.
Monu Singh hung himself from a tree in his orchard in Bhidaura village yesterday, they said.
Singh had taken a loan of Rs 35,000 on kisan credit card from a gramin bank, but was unable to repay it, the victim`s uncle Jagdish said.
Jagdish alleged that bank officials were pressing for the repayment of loan due to which Monu was under depression.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh addresses Parliament over Kashmir violence – Part II
- I am a Goddess for the weaker section which is making people angry: Mayawati
- Sacked BJP leader Dayashankar to be arrested soon for controversial remark on Mayawati
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only?
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part II
- Oscar Pistorius: Prosecutors seek longer sentence for tainted Paralympian
- 17.93 lakh candidates trained under PMKVY as on July 18
- NASA's new institute to explore ways to protect astronauts
- Finally! WhatsApp adds call back and voicemail features for Android
- HDFC Bank net profit surges 20%, bad loans edge up too