Under-trials consume poison in court
Bareilly (UP): Five under-trials lodged in
the district jail here consumed some "poisonous substance" at
the Additional Sessions Judge court today, officials said.
The five-- Satyavir, Shishpal, Ahsan, Hasib and Ashraf
consumed "poisonous substance" at the court of Additional
Sessions Judge Musarraf Hussain, they said.
They were lodged in the district jail after they were
caught with fake Indian currency notes in Aliganj area in
2010, they said.
All of them were rushed to hospital, where their condition
was stated to be stable, the officials said.
Police is probing the matter, they said, adding the exact
cause of the incident could not be ascertained yet.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?