Under-trials consume poison in court
Bareilly (UP): Five under-trials lodged in
the district jail here consumed some "poisonous substance" at
the Additional Sessions Judge court today, officials said.
The five-- Satyavir, Shishpal, Ahsan, Hasib and Ashraf
consumed "poisonous substance" at the court of Additional
Sessions Judge Musarraf Hussain, they said.
They were lodged in the district jail after they were
caught with fake Indian currency notes in Aliganj area in
2010, they said.
All of them were rushed to hospital, where their condition
was stated to be stable, the officials said.
Police is probing the matter, they said, adding the exact
cause of the incident could not be ascertained yet.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy
- Two ISIS operatives, planning to target religious places, arrested by Gujarat ATS