Under-trials consume poison in court
Bareilly (UP): Five under-trials lodged in
the district jail here consumed some "poisonous substance" at
the Additional Sessions Judge court today, officials said.
The five-- Satyavir, Shishpal, Ahsan, Hasib and Ashraf
consumed "poisonous substance" at the court of Additional
Sessions Judge Musarraf Hussain, they said.
They were lodged in the district jail after they were
caught with fake Indian currency notes in Aliganj area in
2010, they said.
All of them were rushed to hospital, where their condition
was stated to be stable, the officials said.
Police is probing the matter, they said, adding the exact
cause of the incident could not be ascertained yet.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!