Under-trials consume poison in court
Bareilly (UP): Five under-trials lodged in
the district jail here consumed some "poisonous substance" at
the Additional Sessions Judge court today, officials said.
The five-- Satyavir, Shishpal, Ahsan, Hasib and Ashraf
consumed "poisonous substance" at the court of Additional
Sessions Judge Musarraf Hussain, they said.
They were lodged in the district jail after they were
caught with fake Indian currency notes in Aliganj area in
2010, they said.
All of them were rushed to hospital, where their condition
was stated to be stable, the officials said.
Police is probing the matter, they said, adding the exact
cause of the incident could not be ascertained yet.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India