Undertrial escapes from police custody in Lucknow
Lucknow: An undertrial fled from police
custody while being taken to a court for a hearing, police said Friday.
Ali Ahmad alias Samir, a native of Bihar, fled after giving snacks laced with sedatives to constable Arun, who was accompanying him to the court, yesterday, they said.
The accused was arrested by the STF on April 13, 2010, for allegedly possessing fake Indian currency worth Rs 1.5 lakh.
An FIR in this regard has been registered against
Samir as well as constable Arun, they said, adding that police
has launched a manhunt to nab the undertrial.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation