Undertrial escapes from police custody in Lucknow
Lucknow: An undertrial fled from police
custody while being taken to a court for a hearing, police said Friday.
Ali Ahmad alias Samir, a native of Bihar, fled after giving snacks laced with sedatives to constable Arun, who was accompanying him to the court, yesterday, they said.
The accused was arrested by the STF on April 13, 2010, for allegedly possessing fake Indian currency worth Rs 1.5 lakh.
An FIR in this regard has been registered against
Samir as well as constable Arun, they said, adding that police
has launched a manhunt to nab the undertrial.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Are separatists scared with 'Dangal' girl Zaira Wasim's success?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city