Undertrial escapes from police custody
Bahraich: An undertrial escaped from police custody here while he was returning from court, police said Monday.
The undertrial, Munna, lodged under Arms Act and Gangsters Act escaped from police custody on Saturday while he was on his way back from a court hearing, police said.
The accompanying constable Waris Ali, however, did not report his escape, following which he was arrested yesterday, ASP Sunil Kumar Singh said.
A hunt has been launched to nab the absconding undertrial, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’