Undertrial escapes from police custody
Bahraich: An undertrial escaped from police custody here while he was returning from court, police said Monday.
The undertrial, Munna, lodged under Arms Act and Gangsters Act escaped from police custody on Saturday while he was on his way back from a court hearing, police said.
The accompanying constable Waris Ali, however, did not report his escape, following which he was arrested yesterday, ASP Sunil Kumar Singh said.
A hunt has been launched to nab the absconding undertrial, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Outrage over Tanmay Bhatt's video mocking Lata Mangeshkar, Sachin Tendulkar
- VHP's women wing Durga Vahini gives arms training to children!
- Heavy rain disrupts flight operations in Delhi
- MP: Liquor mafia attacks police, journalists with weapons
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- Puducherry: Narayanasamy to meet Lt Gov Kiran Bedi today, stake claim to form govt
- Armed squad kills 11 people in Venezuela: Official
- Khalistan terror camp running in Canada to attack Punjab; Justin Trudeau govt alerted
- Barack Obama could be Hillary's secret weapon in rallying Democratic support: Report
- Man arrested for trying to sell stolen car on e-commerce site