Undertrial escapes from police custody
Bahraich: An undertrial escaped from police custody here while he was returning from court, police said Monday.
The undertrial, Munna, lodged under Arms Act and Gangsters Act escaped from police custody on Saturday while he was on his way back from a court hearing, police said.
The accompanying constable Waris Ali, however, did not report his escape, following which he was arrested yesterday, ASP Sunil Kumar Singh said.
A hunt has been launched to nab the absconding undertrial, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Is Sonakshi Sinha a part of Salman Khan’s ‘Dabangg 3’? Here’s the answer
- Kareena Kapoor Khan not in ‘Veerey Di Wedding’? Sonam Kapoor will tell you the truth
- Magnitude 6.4 quake hits Italy near Perugia – USGS
- Turning the tide on hair loss
- Rajnath Singh in Kashmir, says those who believe in 'Kashmiriyat' are welcome for talks