Undertrial escapes from police custody
Bahraich: An undertrial escaped from police custody here while he was returning from court, police said Monday.
The undertrial, Munna, lodged under Arms Act and Gangsters Act escaped from police custody on Saturday while he was on his way back from a court hearing, police said.
The accompanying constable Waris Ali, however, did not report his escape, following which he was arrested yesterday, ASP Sunil Kumar Singh said.
A hunt has been launched to nab the absconding undertrial, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred