Undertrial killed in encounter
Bijnore: An undertrial was on Monday shot dead allegedly by unidentified men while he was being taken to a court by police, officials said.
Nandu alias Narendra, who had over 37 cases pending against him, was killed when six men started indiscriminate firing around 7:45 am at Roadways Chouraha while he was being taken to Gautam Budhha Nagar, they said.
The police retaliated to the firing and killed one of gunmen while rest of them managed to escape, they said.
Two onlookers were also critically injured in the exchange of fire.
A 9 mm pistol has been recovered from the dead gunman, police said, adding that the incident is suspected be a fallout of a gangwar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Congress demands Sushma Swaraj's resignation over Lalit Modi's job offer to her husband