Undertrial killed in encounter
Bijnore: An undertrial was on Monday shot dead allegedly by unidentified men while he was being taken to a court by police, officials said.
Nandu alias Narendra, who had over 37 cases pending against him, was killed when six men started indiscriminate firing around 7:45 am at Roadways Chouraha while he was being taken to Gautam Budhha Nagar, they said.
The police retaliated to the firing and killed one of gunmen while rest of them managed to escape, they said.
Two onlookers were also critically injured in the exchange of fire.
A 9 mm pistol has been recovered from the dead gunman, police said, adding that the incident is suspected be a fallout of a gangwar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Maggi samples found unsafe: Delhi government
- DNA: Analysis of Vijay Mallya's 'fund transfer formula'
- IMD forecasts 'deficient' Monsoon, drought-like conditions expected
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing