Undertrials escape, two constables arrested
Ghaziabad: Undertrials allegedly drugged
two police constables, who were escorting them, and escaped
leading to the suspension and arrest of the cops.
Rajender and Shyam Singh brought two undertrials from
Dasna district jail to the courts of Additional Chief Judicial
Magistrate here yesterday, Senior Superintendent of Police
Rahubir Lal said.
After hearing, the constables went to a local restaurant
and purportedly consumed liquor with the undertrials, he said.
Apparently the plan was hatched by the undertrials who
drugged the constables and escaped, the SSP said.
After the prisoners did not reach Dasna jail, authorities
informed the police and a search was launched.
Both the constables were found unconscious on roadside
last night, Lal said.
A case was registered against them and both were sent to
jail, he said adding the undertrials were denied bail after
which they hatched the plan.
One of undertrials, a murder accused, had escaped earlier
from Hapur also.
- Ahead of PM Modi's US visit, USCIRF report says 'intolerance has risen in India'
- Gold price eyes $1,300 again as weaker dollar, fund inflows support
- Kerala law student raped, murdered at home: Read chilling details of post-mortem report here
- On Umar Akmal, Ahmed Shehzad's sacking: Shahid Afridi welcomes PCB's move to give chance to youngsters
- Kangana Ranaut – Hrithik Roshan controversy: Let’s not have a gender war, says Shekhar Suman