Unemployment allowance, free laptops in UP
Lucknow: Within hours of being sworn in as the youngest leader of Uttar Pradesh, Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav, 38, on Thursday doled out popular sops as promised in the Samajwadi Party manifesto.
At a Cabinet meet held on a day Akhilesh took oath as the chief minister, the UP government approved an unemployment allowance of Rs 1000 per month. This allowance would be given to 35-year-olds and above who are unemployed.
The state government also approved free laptops and tablets for school students. While 10th pass students will get free tablets, 12th pass students will be given laptops free of cost.
Further, all Muslims girls passing class 10th will get Rs 30,000.
Earlier in the day, Akhilesh had said that key announcements would be made after the Cabinet meet.
Speaking to reporters at a press conference, Akhilesh had promised to take strict action against the corrupt.
Strong measures to tackle corruption will be taken, he said, describing UP a victim of corruption over the last 5 years.
Akhilesh said law and order is a responsibility of the Samajwadi Party government from today.
“It is our responsibility from today to maintain law and order,” he stated.
He assured that the promises made in the SP manifesto will be fulfilled.
Responding to a question on the induction of controversial Raja Bhaiya in the Cabinet, Akhilesh said all cases against him are a political conspiracy.
"You know that who slapped maximum cases against Raja Bhaiya and if you ask with dates you will come to know in which dates these cases were slapped," Akhilesh told reporters.
"Wasn`t he jailed by the old government," he said, in a reference to the Mayawati government`s action against the Independent MLA from Kunda in Pratapgarh district.
Raja Bhaiya has eight declared criminal cases, including attempt to murder, dacoity and abduction, against him.
Akhilesh further said his government would strive to develop the state and take it forward, adding when money can be found for statues, then why not for projects.
He added that his government will also restart Janta Darbar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch - Parrikar's reply to Mamata's military coup claim
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'