Unemployment allowance, free laptops in UP
Lucknow: Within hours of being sworn in as the youngest leader of Uttar Pradesh, Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav, 38, on Thursday doled out popular sops as promised in the Samajwadi Party manifesto.
At a Cabinet meet held on a day Akhilesh took oath as the chief minister, the UP government approved an unemployment allowance of Rs 1000 per month. This allowance would be given to 35-year-olds and above who are unemployed.
The state government also approved free laptops and tablets for school students. While 10th pass students will get free tablets, 12th pass students will be given laptops free of cost.
Further, all Muslims girls passing class 10th will get Rs 30,000.
Earlier in the day, Akhilesh had said that key announcements would be made after the Cabinet meet.
Speaking to reporters at a press conference, Akhilesh had promised to take strict action against the corrupt.
Strong measures to tackle corruption will be taken, he said, describing UP a victim of corruption over the last 5 years.
Akhilesh said law and order is a responsibility of the Samajwadi Party government from today.
“It is our responsibility from today to maintain law and order,” he stated.
He assured that the promises made in the SP manifesto will be fulfilled.
Responding to a question on the induction of controversial Raja Bhaiya in the Cabinet, Akhilesh said all cases against him are a political conspiracy.
"You know that who slapped maximum cases against Raja Bhaiya and if you ask with dates you will come to know in which dates these cases were slapped," Akhilesh told reporters.
"Wasn`t he jailed by the old government," he said, in a reference to the Mayawati government`s action against the Independent MLA from Kunda in Pratapgarh district.
Raja Bhaiya has eight declared criminal cases, including attempt to murder, dacoity and abduction, against him.
Akhilesh further said his government would strive to develop the state and take it forward, adding when money can be found for statues, then why not for projects.
He added that his government will also restart Janta Darbar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- Delhi: Car catches fire after crash, one dead
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Brilliant execution, superb performance!
- Manohar Parrikar meets troops at Siachen base camp
- Wbbse.org 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015: West Bengal Board (wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th, WB MP Results 2015 to be announced today shortly
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- West Bengal Board (wbbse.org & wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha (MP) Results 2015 to be announced today at 10 AM
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Rajasthan Board RBSE 12th Inter Results 2015: BSER Ajmer (rajeduboard.nic.in & rajresults.nic.in) Senior Secondary Class 12th Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared today at 2 PM
- RBSE 12th Results 2015 (rajeduboard.nic.in & rajresults.nic.in): Rajasthan Board BSER Ajmer Senior Secondary Class 12th XII Intermediate Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared today on May 22
- After land bill, net neutrality, Rahul Gandhi to fight for ex-servicemen now
- SC asks Haryana Police to quickly finish AIPMT paper leak probe