UNICEF acknowledges UP police as `child friendly`
Lucknow: UNICEF has acknowledged Uttar
Pradesh police as a "child friendly" police force for working
towards protection of child rights.
"UP police, which is among the biggest forces of the
country has been acknowledged as a child-friendly police force
for working towards protection of child rights," Additional
Director General (Law and Order) AK Jain told reporters.
Jain said that 488 child labourers have been rescued
from across the state while 1,637 missing children were found
by police this year.
Besides this, the state police has also handed over
many abandoned children to child protection homes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan