Uninterrupted power supply for Rae Bareli, Amethi
Lucknow: Rae Bareli and Amethi, the twin Parliamentary constituencies of Congress president Sonia Gandhi and general secretary Rahul Gandhi, would now get uninterrupted power supply.
According to an official communication to the UP Power Corporation Limited on Tuesday, the urban areas of these towns would now be exempted from power cuts and enjoy round the clock power supply, sources in the corporation said today.
It was officially communicated to the officials in-charge, to maintain round the clock supply to these areas till further orders, sources said.
Besides Lucknow and Agra, the Samajwadi Party bastions of Etawah, Mainpuri and Kannauj enjoy uninterrupted power supply, the sources said.
The issue was a major concern for the Congress leadership as the electorate of these areas had been continuously demanding it for a long time and the issue had also been a bone of contention during the previous BSP government.
According to sources, the matter was taken up by Congress president Sonia Gandhi personally with Samajwadi Party president Mulayam Singh Yadav in an interaction in Parliament yesterday.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Rahul Gandhi spotted with hate speech convict Imran Masood in Saharanpur
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's remark on 'intolerance'
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India