Uninterrupted power supply for Rae Bareli, Amethi
Lucknow: Rae Bareli and Amethi, the twin Parliamentary constituencies of Congress president Sonia Gandhi and general secretary Rahul Gandhi, would now get uninterrupted power supply.
According to an official communication to the UP Power Corporation Limited on Tuesday, the urban areas of these towns would now be exempted from power cuts and enjoy round the clock power supply, sources in the corporation said today.
It was officially communicated to the officials in-charge, to maintain round the clock supply to these areas till further orders, sources said.
Besides Lucknow and Agra, the Samajwadi Party bastions of Etawah, Mainpuri and Kannauj enjoy uninterrupted power supply, the sources said.
The issue was a major concern for the Congress leadership as the electorate of these areas had been continuously demanding it for a long time and the issue had also been a bone of contention during the previous BSP government.
According to sources, the matter was taken up by Congress president Sonia Gandhi personally with Samajwadi Party president Mulayam Singh Yadav in an interaction in Parliament yesterday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- DNA: Zee Media's campaign to celebrate Diwali with soldier's family
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH
- I may not be with CM Akhilesh Yadav, but will always be with Mulayam Singh Yadav's son: Amar Singh