Union minister Girija Vyas lays foundation stone of 792 housing project in a day
Jaipur: Union Minister of Housing and Urban Poverty Alleviation, Girija Vyas on Saturday laid the foundation stone for 792 houses to be built for slum-dwellers in Pratapgarh district under the Centre`s Rajiv Awas Yojana.
The low cost houses to be constructed at a cost of over Rs 55 crore would be provided with all basic amenities.
Speaking at the foundation laying ceremony, Vyas said the project was aimed at making the country free from slums.
A committee headed by the district collector will oversee the construction of the project, she said.
The project will be 75 per cent funded by the Centre, 10 per cent each by state government and the local municipality and 5 per cent by stakeholders.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley