Union minister Girija Vyas lays foundation stone of 792 housing project in a day
Jaipur: Union Minister of Housing and Urban Poverty Alleviation, Girija Vyas on Saturday laid the foundation stone for 792 houses to be built for slum-dwellers in Pratapgarh district under the Centre`s Rajiv Awas Yojana.
The low cost houses to be constructed at a cost of over Rs 55 crore would be provided with all basic amenities.
Speaking at the foundation laying ceremony, Vyas said the project was aimed at making the country free from slums.
A committee headed by the district collector will oversee the construction of the project, she said.
The project will be 75 per cent funded by the Centre, 10 per cent each by state government and the local municipality and 5 per cent by stakeholders.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter