Union minister Girija Vyas lays foundation stone of 792 housing project in a day
Jaipur: Union Minister of Housing and Urban Poverty Alleviation, Girija Vyas on Saturday laid the foundation stone for 792 houses to be built for slum-dwellers in Pratapgarh district under the Centre`s Rajiv Awas Yojana.
The low cost houses to be constructed at a cost of over Rs 55 crore would be provided with all basic amenities.
Speaking at the foundation laying ceremony, Vyas said the project was aimed at making the country free from slums.
A committee headed by the district collector will oversee the construction of the project, she said.
The project will be 75 per cent funded by the Centre, 10 per cent each by state government and the local municipality and 5 per cent by stakeholders.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- RSS distributed sweets on the day Mahatma Gandhi was assassinated: Congress
- Remember Parul Chauhan aka Ragini from 'Bidaai'? Her latest pictures will make your jaw drop!
- Usher announces new album 'Hard II Love'
- US to look for opportunities to advance India's NSG bid: Barack Obama
- Tunisian parliament approves national united government