Union minister meets UP CM, discusses land issues
Lucknow: Union Minister RPN Singh on Saturday met Uttar Pradesh chief minister Akhilesh Yadav and held discussions on various issues, including allocation of land by the state for various Central projects.
Singh, the Minister of State for Home, said during his meeting with Akhilesh, problems in allocation of land for CRPF projects in Lucknow, Rampur, Chandauli, Faizabad and some other places.
The Union minister said he also discussed the problems in setting up of integrated check posts at Sonauli on the Indo-Nepal border.
He said the chief minister assured him that work on setting up 640 kms long road at the cost of Rs 1,600 crore in the border areas will be started soon.
Singh said Yadav has also given him assurance for providing a temporary arrangement for running the office of NIA`s regional hub in Lucknow till the permanent building comes, besides waiving VAT on canteens of Central paramilitary forces.
To a question, Singh rejected allegations of Congress being soft on terrorists, and said that NIA was doing a good job against terrorism.
Singh said the law has been amended for an effective check on circulation of counterfeit currency and NIA is also keeping a strict vigil on the same.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- WATCH: Roger Federer mesmerizes centre court crowd with a 'tweener lob'
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions