Union minister meets UP CM, discusses land issues
Lucknow: Union Minister RPN Singh on Saturday met Uttar Pradesh chief minister Akhilesh Yadav and held discussions on various issues, including allocation of land by the state for various Central projects.
Singh, the Minister of State for Home, said during his meeting with Akhilesh, problems in allocation of land for CRPF projects in Lucknow, Rampur, Chandauli, Faizabad and some other places.
The Union minister said he also discussed the problems in setting up of integrated check posts at Sonauli on the Indo-Nepal border.
He said the chief minister assured him that work on setting up 640 kms long road at the cost of Rs 1,600 crore in the border areas will be started soon.
Singh said Yadav has also given him assurance for providing a temporary arrangement for running the office of NIA`s regional hub in Lucknow till the permanent building comes, besides waiving VAT on canteens of Central paramilitary forces.
To a question, Singh rejected allegations of Congress being soft on terrorists, and said that NIA was doing a good job against terrorism.
Singh said the law has been amended for an effective check on circulation of counterfeit currency and NIA is also keeping a strict vigil on the same.
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed?
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part II
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part III
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part IV
- Why is "Make in India" given more importance than people dying of hunger?
- India to clock GDP growth of 7.4% in FY17: HSBC
- Jallikattu will be conducted next year in Tamil Nadu if DMK comes to power: Karunanidhi
- Interrogate 'driving force' in AgustaWestland scam: 10 things Subramanian Swamy said in Rajya Sabha
- Facebook's Instagram has a flaw: Anyone can delete your comments!
- Some activities of ISIS but no alarming situation: Govt