Union Minister RPN Singh visits slain DSP`s family
Deoria: Union Minister of State for Home RPN Singh on Friday met the family of the slain UP DSP Zia-ul Haq at his native village here and assured that the CBI probing the case would expose the guilty.
The Union Minister accompanied by UPCC president Nirmal Khatri visited the Haq`s house and met his mother, father and wife.
Later, talking to media, Singh without naming anyone said action will be taken against those found guilty in the probe.
"We should have faith in the CBI probe," Singh said.
Meanwhile, Anjuman Islamia president Munna Lari said special prayers were offered after Friday prayers for the slain police officer.
Haq, circle officer in Kunda from where Raja Bhaiya is a five-time MLA, was allegedly killed by a mob in Pratapgarh on Saturday when he had rushed there after a village head was shot dead over a land dispute.
The slain officer`s wife has alleged that Raja Bhaiya, who resigned from the state Cabinet after an FIR was filed against him, had a hand in the attack.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal